How to Buy
|Service and support designed to keep your Code hardware, and your business, running smoothly.
It’s built on our dedication to excellence. It delivers the level of service and support you need to make the most of your hardware investment. It’s called CodeOne.
CodeOne is available in several service plan types—each tailored to the level of your in-house technical resources and capabilities, your response time requirements and your budget.
Don't see a plan that fits your needs?
Services can be purchased individually to customize an offering tailored to your requirements
CodeOne Service Plan Overview
|CodeOne Standard Plan||CodeOne Elevated Plan||
CodeOne Peak Plan
|Access to Code's Knowledge Database||Included||Included||Included|
|Access to Code's Advanced Support Portal||Not Included||Included||Included|
|CodeOne Warranty Extension Plans||No Extension||1 Year Extension of Standard2||2 Year Extension of Standard2|
|CodeOne Rapid Replacement Plans
||10-Days from with Ground Shipment||3-Day Return with 3-Day Shipment4||Advance Replacement with
1-Day Express Shipment5
|CodeOne Accident Forgiveness Coverage||
(1) Customers who have over 100 Code barcode readers in service are eligible to purchase a CodeOne Spares Plan. Refurbished Barcode Readers, up to 5% of the quantity in service, may be purchased at a discount to form an on-site pool of Barcode Readers ready to be swapped into service in the event a Code barcode reader fails. Code will assign a spares pool coordinator to help with returning failed units and replacing spares pool units. Customer is required to report monthly on status of units in spares pool. Requires a CodeOne Spares Plan contract with Code. Spares pools are only available in certain regions.
(2) Available for all Coverable Readers with a standard warranty duration of 4 years or less. Extends standard warranty by one year.
(3) Available for all Coverable Readers with a standard warranty duration of 3 years or less. Extends standard warranty by two years.
(4) RMA Turnaround Time is reduced from 10 business days to 3 business days. Return Shipment is UPS 3 Day Select® or equivalent. 3-Day Shipment are not available for all geographies and may be affected by international custom clearance procedures. Contact Code for additional information regarding specific countries.
(5) Advance replacement of failed barcode readers. Shipment of advance replacement barcode reader is UPS Next Day Air Saver® or equivalent. 1-Day Express Shipment are not available for all geographies and may be affected by international custom clearance procedures. Contact Code for additional information regarding specific countries. Code will only advance ship a replacement barcode reader if the problem with the unit under warranty cannot be repaired by the customer with Code Support personnel assisting with remote problem diagnosis and repair. Code may withhold approval of advance replacement shipping if customer fails to reasonably cooperate with Code’s remote diagnosis and repair process or has failed to return RMA units for which replacements have previously been sent. Replacement units approved for shipping after 12PM MT will be shipped on the next business day. Shipping may be delayed if the replacement unit requires custom software or configuration.
(6) Customers may receive a one-time refurbished replacement if the covered unit is stolen, lost, or returned with damage that voids the warranty. Accident Forgiveness Coverage does not apply to Sleds (CR4405) and accessories. Replacement is limited to one replacement during the warranty period. Replacement units may be a repaired or refurbished unit at Code’s discretion. The replacement unit is warranted for the remaining duration of the warranty period applicable to the replaced unit.
Terms and Conditions
CodeOne Service Offerings are available for Coverable Readers, which includes all Code Barcode Readers except engines and the CR9XX series Barcode Readers. Serialized accessories (excluding batteries) kitted with the Coverable Reader are also covered. CodeOne Service Offerings must be purchased within ninety (90) days of purchase of the Coverable Reader. Learn More.
Click here to learn about Warranty Coverage Term options.
RMA ProcessTo obtain repair or replacement service under the CodeOne Warranty or any CodeOne Service Plan the customer must contact Code Support. Code will issue a case number. Within one business day Code Support will contact the Customer to attempt remote diagnosis and resolution. If the problem cannot be resolved by remote diagnosis and repair with Customer’s reasonable cooperation a Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number will be assigned and Code will provide instructions for shipping the product to Code.
Products must be shipped in the original or comparable packaging, with shipping and insurance charges prepaid. Only parts listed in the original RMA should be sent and will be accepted. Code will pay for return shipping and insurance of repaired or replacement products. Customer is responsible for all taxes and duties. Code will use new or refurbished parts at its discretion and will own replaced products and all parts removed from repaired products. Customer will pay for any preshipped replacement product in the event the customer fails to return the replaced product to Code within 7 days of receipt of the replacement product. The process for return and customer’s charges will be in accordance with Code’s Exchange Policy in effect at the time of the exchange. Customer accepts full responsibility for its software and data including the appropriate backup thereof.