(CR5000AV)Age Verification Barcode Readers
How to Buy
You have no items in your quote.
Code Reader 5000AV
Designed specifically to protect retailers from giving unauthorized access to age-restricted merchandise, the CR5000AV quickly and reliably determines customer eligibility by decoding barcoded AAMVA-compliant driver licenses and military identification cards. With accurate, on-the-spot reading the CR5000AV is a stand-alone solution that does not require a PC or manual management of data to alert a clerk of an underage patron.
The CR5000AV web-based Configuration Tool provides an easy-to-use solution for retailers to generate a customized barcode to configure the CR5000AV to process numerous age-restricted products with varied legal age requirements. Using the same Configuration Tool, retailers can create a password to lock their reader, giving retailers an additional level of security by preventing unauthorized modifications to the reader’s settings.
For additional efficiency, businesses may select to store time-stamped scanned data on the reader’s non-volatile memory – ensuring legislation compliance, or have the CR5000AV serve the dual purpose of age verification and point-of-sale barcode reading.
Features & Benefits
- Reads all barcoded identification cards
- Does not require a PC or manual management of data
- Audible tone alerts user of underage patron
- May be configured for primary and secondary minimum ages
- Integrates into POS, loyalty, and inventory workflows
- Hands-free operation or optional trigger reading large, heavy, bulk items
- Quickly reads barcodes from mobile device screens
- No monthly software fees
- Customizable driver license data formatting to populate loyalty and credit applications
- Tethered via Code’s USB or RS232 Affinity® cables
- Communicates to Bluetooth-enabled devices, via Code’s T500 cable
- Efficient power consumption